Friday, October 30, 2009

Men in Black III now in preproduction

The third installment to the MIB franchise is official. According to Variety, Columbia has brought on Etan Cohen, the writer of Tropic Thunder to create the script. 


"There are no deals in place for the franchise's stars Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, though it's unlikely that Col would greenlight the project without the duo's involvement." -- Well, I would hope so. 


While I was a fan of the first film, the second film left me extremely disappointed and the idea of a third movie doesn't have me jumping out of my seat. However, bringing on Cohen for the project might just make things interesting. Filming should start sometime in early 2010.


I'm genuinely curious in what direction this movie is going in. While the characters themselves are great, I just can't think of another story as enticing as the first. Sorry. If the story is lacking, hopefully they can come up with some new bad ass guns. Ka-boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment