Saturday, November 7, 2009

Jurassic Park IV? yes please!

I heard rumors of there being a fourth installment to the franchise a few months ago. I was so excited, but when the rumors appeared to be false i was left extremely disappointed. Even though the second and third films were a little redundant: go to the island, realize it was a bad idea, run, scream, be eaten-- I couldn't really image a direction they could go in that didn't seem like the story was repeating itself.. again.

But, Ain't it Cool News got an exclusive interview with Joe Johnson, who directed 'Jurassic Park III' and  the upcoming 'Wolfman' from Universal.

I'm really hoping that this goes through. Jurassic Park is just one of those movies that blows my mind every time. I'd love to see it go in a different direction simply out of curiosity. But I would like to see some of the original characters. Perhaps the kids grown up?

What do you think?

Here is a piece of the interview with Joe Johnson and Harry (from ain't it cool news):



Harry: Speaking of JURASSIC PARK, are you thinking of heading into that fourth one after this?
Joe Johnston: Well, there is a great story for the fourth one that I would be interested in getting involved with and it’s nothing like the first three. It sort of takes the franchise off in a completely different direction, which is the only way I would want to get involved.
Harry: Another movie about a group of people struggling to survive a dinosaur attack is…
Joe Johnston: We’ve done that and it’s been done three times and I figure it’s…
Harry: Stay away from that island. Don’t go there!
Joe Johnston: Why would anybody go back to that island? It was hard enough to figure out the second and third reason for them to go, but it would take it off in a whole other trilogy basically, but when it gets to that level it’s sort of about studios and Steven’s thing and who knows. I think we are at that point where we are due for another one if we are going to do it. They had what four years between them? 1992… 1996 or 1997, and then 2001, so we are past due. I don’t know, but we will see.



No comments:

Post a Comment